It was a no go. That particular position requires a certification he doesn't have yet. So that is our mission now... getting his first certification. And those damn things are expensive! We were really hoping for some good news... oh well at least now we have a place to start.
In other news: nursing school is on hold... for now. I am still going to school but I am going to get certified as a medical assistant to get some fresh experience in the field. The program is only 3 semesters and the community college where I am already enrolled. There are several reasons revolving around this change of mind:
1) I love the medical field but I am still not 100% sure that nursing is what I want to do for the rest of my life.
2) One of us needs to be making some decent money... yesterday. We are both in school and our hours are being cut like crazy. Our thought was that if one of us can get a decent job then the other can make it through school without completely stressing each other out.
3) I think this field will give me adequate experience to better prepare me for RN school or really determine if that's the route I will go. Instead of wasting 3 more years in school only to decide that nursing isn't where I want to be.
I know this decision may not make sense to some but it makes sense for us and our situation.